Here's what we'll try to accomplish during next week's trip to Oberschwaben:
- Sunday, June 21: Arrive in Biberach an der Riß around 5:30pm and check into the Hotel Drei König.
- Monday, June 22: Brauerei Blank in Zwiefaltendorf and Zwiefalter Klosterbräu in Zwiefalten. The bus schedules are such that we might walk the 5 kilometers between the two breweries rather than wait for a bus to take us via Riedlingen.
- Tuesday, June 23: Brauerei Gasthof Engel (Ausschank for Brauerei Stolz) in Isny im Allgäu and Mühlbergstüble Gaststätte (Ausschank for Steinacher Hausbräu) in Bad Waldsee.
- Wednesday, June 24: Gasthof Goldener Löwen (Ausschank for Königsegger WalderBräu) in Königseggwald and Schussenrieder Brauerei in Bad Schussenried.
- Thursday, June 25: Gaststätte zur Traube (Ausschank for Adlerbrauerei Gebhard Föhr) in Ehingen-Rißtissen and Pflugbrauerei Gnann in Langenau-Hörvelsingen.
- Friday, June 26: We'll rent a car and drive from Biberach an der Riß to Hirschbrauerei Flözlingen; brewer/malter/distiller/owner Rolf Schittenhelm has shown us such a good time on our past couple of visits, I can't resist stopping by again. If time and sobriety allow, we'll try to stop at one or more of these breweries on the way to our hotel at the Stuttgart airport:
- Saturday, June 27: Das grüne U is a series of parks in central Stuttgart that happens to be dotted with beer gardens. (Thanks to Choo for finding out about it!) We'll likely spend the day strolling from beer to beer if the weather is nice. If it's not, there are several brewpubs in Stuttgart Mitte that are worth a visit.
- Sunday, June 28: Our flight leaves Stuttgart at 6:30am.