Category: A Brewer's Life
There's a fair bit going on this week, at least by Gottberg's standards:
- Monday: Clean the draft lines. Make 42 barrels (1,302 gallons, 49 hectolitres) of Root Beer, 14 barrels of which went directly to the empty tanks in the cellar. Clean/sanitize/pressurize a bright beer tank, and transfer last week's batch of Tin Lizzie Hefeweizen.
- Tuesday: Clean/sanitize/pressurize two or three more bright beer tanks in preparation for filtering later this week. Fill a couple of kegs of Hefeweizen for the pub, since they ran out over the weekend.
- Wednesday: Filter the All-American Gold and Blood Red Beer.
- Thursday: Fill kegs, including 20 five-gallon cans and two half-barrels for the Norfolk distributor to pick up on Friday.
- Friday: Do everything that I procrastinated on this week, because there's always something.
- Saturday: Pour beer at the Sunfest in Omaha.