The Publican's Ten Commandments
The Ten Commandments of the Publican
- You shall believe everything your Publican says.
- You shall praise your Publican and glorify him over all others.
- You shall visit your Publican daily.
- You shall honor and cherish your Publican, and not anger him, as long as he shall live.
- You shall, when you are drunk, not become loud nor violent, but keep yourself as proud and peaceful as you would at home.
- You shall not be indecent while in the Pub.
- You shall pay your bill promptly, and you shall not drink your neighbor's beer.
- You shall not covet your Publican's servers nor female friends — they belong to him alone.
- You shall not eat nor drink if you cannot pay.
- You shall keep all these Commandments, so that you do not go to Hell and suffer from thirst!