The year's finally winding down. This week, we ran out of three beers, bringing our total on tap down to six. I transferred seven barrels of root beer into the cellar, cleaned the draft lines, filled kegs, delivered some root beer to Council Bluffs, filled more kegs, and made seven barrels of Red Cream Soda. The plan for the rest of the year and beyond:
- Friday 12/28: Brew seven barrels of Uncle Ivan's Dunkelweizen.
- Monday 12/31: Clean the brewhouse, and get ready for tomorrow's annual inventory extravaganza.
- Tuesday 1/1: New Year's Day is always Inventory Day at Gottberg/Dusters. A team of accountants come in and watch us count every damn thing in the place, and ask us what every damn thing in the place is worth. It wouldn't be so bad if we could use the data to run the business, but we won't get the report back until September or later. It's a Complete Waste of Time. But I'll clean the draft lines and let them soak overnight, and maybe do the monthly taxes and the yearly production report.
- Wednesday 1/2: Brew a batch of Empress of Darkness, an "imperial" Porter. We'll have it ready for the Extreme Beer Fest at the Crescent Moon Ale House on February 23.
- There are some minor maintenance things that need doing; I'll get to them later in the week.