- Nate asks for a particular Nebraska-brewed beer at his local bar.
- Bar owner says he's been ordering it.
- Wholesaler says it's out of stock.
- Nate calls the brewer.
- Brewer calls the wholesaler.
- Wholesaler says it's been in stock the whole time.
- Wholesaler advises the bar owner to keep ordering the beer again and again, and maybe it will show up someday.
Read Nate's well-written story at the Nebraska Beer Blog, and then ask yourself:
Exactly what purpose does the wholesaler tier serve, besides jacking up the cost of doing business as a brewer and inflating the cost of retail beer?