Thursday, October 9, 2008

Back from California

I just got back last night from a week in California. The stated purpose of the trip was to attend my cousin Kelly's wedding to XM Radio personality Matt the Cat near Big Sur. While a tasty keg of Newcastle Brown was consumed at the wedding, there was also time for some coastal brewery visitations:




Monterey Coast Brewing, Salinas




English Ales Brewery, Marina




Peter B's Brewpub, Monterey




El Toro Brewpub, Morgan Hill




Santa Cruz Mountain Brewing, Santa Cruz




Boulder Creek Brewery & Cafe, Boulder Creek




Gordon Biersch Brewing, San Jose



The trip map is already posted. Notes and pictures will magically appear when as I get my typing caught up.



Today's tasks at the brewery simply involved filling kegs. They ran the Oktoberfest kegs dry while I was gone, and nobody here knows how to fill them.



Tomorrow: clean fermenters.

No comments: