Monday, April 27, 2009

15th Annual Green Bay Rackers Titletown Open Homebrew Competition

Paris and I were in Green Bay this weekend to judge at the Titletown Open Homebrew Competition. We've been fortunate to attend the past eleven of their fifteen events, ever since my first year at Egan Brewing.



Before the first night's judging, we met some friends in Appleton at Stone Cellar Brewpub.




Left to right: Don Goen, Jon Jorgenson, Paris Cunningham, Richard Stueven, Loriann Andersen, Dan Pleshek



The Titletown Open, held at Titletown Brewing, set records this year with 159 entries and 20 judges over two days.







Scenes from Titletown Open XV



There were a lot of great beers entered this year. The Best of Show winner was a magnificent Eisbock. I gave it 45 points out of 50, the first time I've rated a beer that high at a competition. I noted that while it wasn't EKU 28, it was at least EKU 23.

No comments: