Friday, May 20, 2022

OTAN Olutta!

A small brewery in Finland has launched a NATO-themed beer to mark the Nordic country’s bid to join the Western military alliance.

Olaf Brewing's OTAN lager features a blue label with a cartoon version of a beer-drinking medieval knight in metal armor emblazoned with NATO’s compass symbol.

The beer's name is a play on the Finnish expression “Otan olutta,” which means “I’ll have a beer,” and the French abbreviation for NATO, which is “OTAN.”

CEO Petteri Vanttinen ... described the new lager as having “a taste of security, with a hint of freedom.”

Read the whole story at NBCDFW.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Richard, love BeerMe.com and was wondering if I there way I could access the ENTIRE list of brewers you have on the site?

Richard Stueven said...

Hey Anonymous! I can put together a database extract in CSV format suitable for importing into a spreadsheet. The cost is US$500. Shoot me an email if you're interested.