Monday, February 18, 2008

Preparation

The best-laid plans etc.



My malt hasn't shown up yet, so I (probably) won't have time to brew at all this week. Maybe I can squeeze out a batch of Tin Lizzie Hefeweizen on Friday, but that batch of 1916 Irish Stout I had planned will have to wait: we used all of the Dark Chocolate Malt in the Empress of Darkness.



I cleaned the draft lines and did the mid-month tax report this morning, and I called all (four) of my customers to find out if they need anything before I leave for Germany. Turns out they will, so I'll fill root beer kegs tomorrow and run some out to Council Bluffs and Lincoln.



Wednesday, I'll put the filter back together.



Thursday, I'll filter the Empress of Darkness and the new batch of All American Gold.



Friday, I'll tap the Empress and keg some up to take to the sold-out Extreme Beer Fest in Omaha on Saturday.



That's the plan, anyway.

No comments: