Monday, February 23, 2009

New beers on tap and in the tank

Three brews last week: that's a lot, considering I brew on average every twelve days or so. Seven barrels each of All American Gold, Stüvenbräu Maibock (thanks to Tom for doing the hard work), and 1916 Irish Stout.



Papa Dale's Amber Ale got tapped last Friday. It's amber all right, and it's very hazy, and it tastes more like a Kellerbier than an Amber Ale. I guess that's not a bad thing, but it's not at all what I had in mind when I brewed it. They went through a whole keg of it this weekend, mostly due to our "buy one, get another for a penny" promotion. I'll have one out of the second keg with lunch today and see how I like it.



This morning, I took apart and scrubbed all of the beer faucets before cleaning the lines. There was lots of guck built up, so the beers should taste better now. And I'm just about done cleaning the three dozen or so kegs here in the cellar.

No comments: