Saturday, June 27, 2009

Friday, 26 June 2009: Flözlingen and Bernhausen

Yesterday: Rißtissen and Hörvelsingen



Paris thought she might get the day off, but alas, she had to work in the morning. In the meantime, Choo and I wandered back over to the Budget office to rent another car. Paris called at 11:00 for us to pick her up, and we were off to Flözlingen by way of Rottweil.



I never pass up a chance to visit Rolf at Hirschbrauerei Flözlingen. He's a great guy who makes great beers.




Hirschbrauerei Flözlingen




Choo enjoys her first Flözlinger beer, and she has a sample to take home




"In every bar, no matter where I am, I always have an asshole at my table."





Rolf, Choo, Richard, Paris, and Rolf enjoying some Zwickelbier



Unfortunately, as the afternoon drew on, we had to take our leave from Rolf's Gemütlichkeit and head for Stuttgart. Choo reminded me that I had promised her an opportunity to drive on the Autobahn; here is a quick look at the fun she had.




Choo fährt auf der Autobahn



(Keen-eyed viewers will note that we were traveling over 180 km/h, and we passed no less than three 120 km/h speed limit signs. I protested from the back seat, to the point of acccusations of Tourette's, but my pleas were ignored.)



We did arrive safely in time for dinner at Schwanen Bräu in Bernhausen, just south of the Stuttgart airport. It was fine Biergarten weather.




Schwanen Bräu, Bernhausen




Schwanen Weiss



Schwanen Pils naturtrüb



It had been a long day, and the hotel was quite comfortable.



Tomorrow: Stuttgart

No comments: