Monday, March 28, 2011

Anheuser-Busch InBev Buys Goose Island | Brookston Beer Bulletin

According to the Brookston Beer Bulletin, Anheuser-Busch InBev is buying Goose Island Brewing:

ABI will pay $22.5 million for a 58% share of the Chicago brewery and the remaining 42% currently owned by the Craft Brewers Alliance will be sold to ABI for an additional $16.3 million in cash, bringing the total price of the sale to $38.8 million. The Chicago Tribune is reporting that “[a]n additional $1.3 million will be invested to increase production at Goose Island’s Fulton Street brewery” and that the “transaction is expected to close by the end of June.”

You can read the entire press release at the Goose Island website.

No comments: