Friday, December 29, 2006

Quiet of late

I haven't been able to do much work on the site lately. My machine and I had a disagreement, which I resolved by reformatting its drive and reloading from scratch. But speaking of scratch, that's what I found on my Microsoft Office CD when I went to reinstall it. Since the site's data is stored in an Access database, it hasn't been accessible for a week or so.



I've ordered a new copy of Office, which should arrive in a couple of days. Once that's installed, I should be able to catch up all of the updates by the end of next week. Thanks for your patience.



(Someday, I'll finally convert all of this stuff to MySQL running on Linux. The only thing holding me back is the lack of an easy-to-implement GUI along the lines of Access Forms. Any tips?)



[Edit 1-1-2007: My new software arrived over the weekend, and everything appears to be back to normal for now.]

No comments: