Thursday, February 8, 2007

Bugeater Brown Ale

The brew went well today. In fact, I'd call today the Most Successful Day This Week. Local homebrewer Tom Froehner came by to lend a hand; in fact, I made him do most of the work.

Tom stands by his mash mixer

Tom does the hard work

The only thing that went "wrong", if you can actually call it that, is that I overshot my original extract by quite a wide margin. The target was 10.2°Plato, but I ended up with 13.5°P. This isn't the first time this has happened in recent brews...looks like I need to adjust my recipe calculations a bit.

At the end of the day, we had brewed seven barrels of Bugeater Brown Ale and cleaned everything up in about 6½ hours. A good day.

No comments: